Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Chocolate

Hello!

As a child, I loved chocolate. After being in school, I've grown to dislike chocolate...immensely. Well this term, my 5th term, is ALL about chocolate (and sugar). Our first week started with learning how to temper chocolate, which was completely new to me! I've never really understood why chocolate is tempered and how to do it, but once I learned, it makes a lot of sense and it's incredibly easy to do!

The first week, we made chocolate covered strawberries and little tuxedo strawberries that were absolutely adorable.

SO PRECIOUS! These are great as party favors at weddings or as dessert at weddings!! They are so much fun to make.

As the term progresses, we are going to be making a chocolate box, a chocolate showpiece that has to be at least 12 inches tall. We have to make pastillage showpiece, a cocoa painting, sugar showpieces, and marzipan fruit! 

It's definitely going to be a very long and very stressful 10 weeks!!!  But I'm excited to learn new tricks and ideas that can for sure be incorporated into desserts and cakes! 

Next up: Chocolate Box! 

No comments:

Post a Comment